Monday, September 24, 2012

Thank goodness, they're back

Mom and Dad went to Texas for a wedding over the weekend and they left me home alone. I know, right? Not nice at all. I missed them horribly. Forty-eight hours is a long time for a kitty, even if I did spend more than two-thirds of that curled up on my fleece blanket in total oblivion.

I had plenty of food and water (neither of which I finished), but I was afraid Mom and Dad wouldn't come back. I gave them both a thorough talking-to when they returned last night. And followed them both around very closely today to make sure they weren't heading anywhere else except work. Dad was amused this evening when Mom told him I seemed particularly clingy -- I was kind of plastered against her hip and thigh while she researched car seats on the sofa. Normally, I just sleep about a foot away from her on the afghan she knit for me. I also let her groom me way longer than I usually care for (and I'm pretty amenable to a brush session under regular circumstances). What can I say, I was feeling ignored for two days! I needed that extra TLC.

Now that both of my parents are home for the night, I'm giving Mom a break from making up their absence to me. Reading time is tummy time, Dad. Start the belly worship.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails