Sunday, January 17, 2010

She's partial ...



... to the red blanket.

It was love at first sight. The fleece was on the floor by my feet. Missy plopped herself down on it and began kneading vigorously.

I normally do my work downstairs, but since we've been giving Missy the run of only the upper hall for this first week, I decided to keep her company by setting up a little computer station on one of these window sills. Missy came to my chair several times and got up on her hind legs to check out my lap, but she seemed uncertain about testing it out. On a whim, I picked up the red blanket and placed it on my knees.

That sealed the deal.

Now, whenever I sit down to start the day, Missy waits for me to put her fleece on my lap and then hops right up. After that, she's good for hours. Yep, hours. There's purring and head-bumping and kneading and napping and grooming and napping some more ...

Here, Missy, why don't you show everyone what I'm talking about?


Um, Missy ...


Ope, a little to your left. More left. Wait -- there!


Okay, close enough, you can stop making that face, Missy. I'll get right back to the head-scratching. So sorry to interrupt your bliss.

3 comments:

Martin Hooper said...

You do know that the blanket will have to go with her? ;)

She is a lovely little tabby girl too!

Marlene said...

Awwww! What a sweetie. I'm with Martin. I think the red fleece will have to go with Missy :)

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

Awww Missy, you are so cute! And that red blankie suits you so well.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy the newly discovered tummy rubs!

Charlemagne and Tamar

Related Posts with Thumbnails