Saturday, October 24, 2009

A shiny new ...

... gift tag?

I was eating lunch in the kitchen a few days ago when Jada suddenly thundered down the stairs from her usual people-watching perch (those paws have power in them when she gets moving!). I thought maybe it was because she'd picked up the scent of my tuna salad, but no, it was a little ornament on the table that had caught her eye. It was originally attached to a gift we'd recently received, and I hadn't put it away yet.

Jada hopped onto a chair to get a better look and gave the ornament a thorough sniff. A little licking followed and then gentle pawing. So I took it into the living room where she could have room to play with it. Instead of batting it around, though, she settled down next to it and just looked at me:


I have the distinct feeling that she's telling me she wants to wear it. As we already know, she does like her bling ...

2 comments:

kittykye said...

Hello there! Thanks for coming by to visit my site! It's always wonderful to meet another foster parent in the cat community :):)
Jada looks like a very sweet girl, too. I had to giggle at your previous post about her needing a lap in place of her sunspot. My Yoko (perma-resident) is just the same. She gets very upset when it's cloudy outside and goes around howling until she can find a lap to sit in ;)

Leslie said...

Jada doesn't howl, but she does give us imploring looks and rubs against our legs if we're not sitting down where she can join us. Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails