Monday, May 16, 2011

The sweetest kind of welcome

I worried that Lily might not remember her suite when we brought her back home from the SHS after our trip, but I had no reason to fear. Within a few hours of her return, she'd settled into her old digs. (I imagine the catnip pillow warming in the sun didn't hinder the adjustment.)

I also wondered if she'd remember us. We'd had Lily in our care for about two and a half months, but given her initial timid response to our visits when she first moved in, I anticipated the possibility that she'd be cautious of us again after a week in a totally different location, away from our smells.

So once Lily had had the chance to get comfortable on her own, I sat down in my usual spot in her room and waited. She approached right away ...






... and all was well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails